Friday, March 21, 2008

Meisters Des Universum FC


So, last night marked the season opener for my new indoor soccer team, Meisters Des Universum FC (www.myspace.com/meistersdesuniversum). We had been playing futsal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futsal) at the peaks in provo since November, but we decided to take our game to the turf. It didn't go so well. We got beat 9-2 by a group of 30 something supermen that didn't get winded while we were subbing every 2-3 minutes. I wanted to black out and die. We did have some bright spots of possession and Coby maintained his top form notching two goals. I had a good chance but mis-hit the shot, it was unfortunate. I did however fall square on my arse trying to clear a ball out of the air. It was embarassing to say the least. I am trying to edit some video highlights to post as well, so stay tuned for those. The video showed that I run like a hunchback, a very slow and awkward hunchback. It was rough to watch. Our next game is Tuesday at 11.25 pm for those interested. Support us!

3 comments:

Jam Rob said...

haha clay your fall was so graceful. that was my fav part. well... that, my slapping the ball like an offended gay man, and ryan wiffing a few kicks.

Coby Gerstner said...

My ankle hurts from last night. Do the goals look cool on tape?

Jenna Kim Jones said...

there were three of you who fell within about five seconds of each other. it was delightful. but seriously, i loved coming to the game. it was great fun. i got to cheer. you guys got to run around. i'm a big fan of the meisters des universum!!! 9-2? big deal. in my mind you scored like 9 million goals.

i'll be at your next game in spirit.